Wednesday, February 28, 2007

So this is what CNY is all about...

Well, been busy recently, so the post bout CNY was delayed. Sorry.

Erm, this year's CNY was around the same, except that it felt, or it lack, the traditional CNY spirt or atmosphere. This CNY felt like some 2 days worth of holiday to slack, catch up with school work, go around for angbaos.

Reunion dinner, or lunch in this case, was around the same. Ah Ma(Dad's side) cooked the same old stuffs, I ate the same old stuffs, met my cousins (This year Ah Gor didn't come, cause her eldest daughter was touring Australia, 2nd daughter downed with THE AVIAN FLU. Chicken Pox. The youngest son did came with Li Bei though, collected the ever early AngBaos, and slacked there lor. Small TV set, laid down / Old fashioned interior design, breeze, all checked. Perfect for slacking. And man, did it felt good.

The evening was reserved for my Ah Gong, Mom's side. So, beside from my Big Aunt who's always overseas during CNY, my other relatives came lor. The steamboat, was the like the same as last's year. In fact, every year. So, apart from that, there's this SMALL Bbq/grilling tray on some steamboat machine. Sounds weird, but it's like Bbq/Grill and Steamboat all in one pot, and I dont know the name of this marvellous mechanism. But seriously, this year's CNY eve lack kick. I acutally wasted the whole night playing GoW there. So it's like always, Jack lugging his Xbox/360 to someone's house JUST to use their TV sets to play games. Multiplayer games*.

Well, the only time I went out during the CNY was to a family friend, Guo Xiang Uncle's house. Like always, the others came too. Except some of children LOL. So not that I'm anti-social, game addicted or anything, but I wished I have had not listen my dear Mom bout' not bringing the 360 to his house. IT WAS BORING. Nothing to do, the adults just did their stuffs lor. Chit Chat, etc. In fact, I don't know what the heck they did there. The children, well played cards. I'm not a fan of cards. Les, Josh and I chit chat quite long, and I DO mean long, but relatively short compared to the adults. But to be stuck there for bout 10 hrs, with ABSOULTELY NO ACTIVITIES to do, I dozed off lor. Anyway it's freakin' boring. I can't seem to recall what activites we did there.

I don't know going to Ck's house was counted as a CNY house visit, but it's for a Bbq party. He got his whole family and relatives there, and yeah, the usual 4 (us). Ck, Den and Cle started the Bbq early, bout 12pm. Being a "responsible" OGL, I participated in the CSI: DNA trial. Well, it was boring, WnW exhausted me, so the whole CSI thingy, I was like a walking zombie. Serious. Damn exhausted sia.

So the OGL camp ended at bout 4~5, then I went home for a quick bath. Well I wanted to take a quick bath before going to Ck's, but apparently, exhaustion took the better of me. "POOF!", collasped on bed sleeping. Thankfully I woke up at 7pm+, so after gearing up, I left straight for his home. I took this opportunity to try out the new jacket which I bought just before CNY (Apart from during the last morning of OGL camp, I was FREAKIN' cold due to bathing in the morning with no heater). Like always, and for God Damn reasons like I care, my dear brother had to always "comment" on my dressing. I dont know whether it's just a casual remark, or strong critisism or sarcasm, but from the way he phrased it, it sounded like," Dude, you look f**king retarded like that. OWNED."

Heck him. I was wearing my jacket cause I was cold (OGL camp made me physically sick), and I wore my cap cause of bad hair day. I cant style my hair for peanuts. No styling instinct or talent in this case. But I did know something, I did'nt look like crap that day. Well apart from lookiing a little beng lah. But time was short! So anyway, when I reached there, it was like everyday in school. We just did the daily routine LOL. It stretched all the way til 12am. We got alot to catch up, you see. But anyway I tio attacked by the others bout "her" again. LIKE EVERYTIME. HAIZ damn sian. I regretted telling them. Wait, I was drunk when I told them! LoL bad joke. Bad joke.

One Cheer is not enough!
Two Cheers are not enough!
Three Cheers and Three Cheers to CK's mom!
HIP HIP HURRAY!
HIP HIP HURRAY!

Thanks for that AngBao. Although you did'nt have too.

No comments: