Thursday, December 07, 2006

Just only $0.55 to get a shock of your life. Plus the bonus of exhaustion, hallucination etc~

Today's my 3rd day at MediaTron advertising, job's kinda easy/simplistic. Admin jobs, checking of invoices, typing in AP, doing letters. Did that, done that. HENG it's less strenuous compared to my first time working there. Phone calls keep ringing in, sometimes 3~5 calls in a row.

"Morning MediaTron! How can assist you?" - Repeats every 1 or so minute for 8 hours a day


Yep, those were the days. Accompanied by 4 months of invoices/check payment etc urgently needed to be cleared. I went there by 9am, only to return home at bout 7~8pm+. Normal working hours was 9am-6pm, and it's $3 too T-T. But still got OT bonus, so it's not so bad ($3 per hour also...)

It's been a while since I get this fuzzy, drowzy, light headed, blur blur feeling. I experienced this kind once in a while, with the period when I'm working most distinctive. Apparently, based on my theory, it's caused by lack of sufficient rest, poor air ventilation, dusty plus sensitive nose combo. My body temperature would rise or fall depending on the pace of my work. There was once I practically froze my hands off "speed" typing AP/AC accounts. With the lack of sleep, there're some times that I almost doze off due to either working too fast, or there's nothing to do. Hey I said this time it's less hectic right? So the solution? 3 in 1 Coffee. Not Super brand, but something else. Quite a good cup of coffee, but that diabetic-hereditary issue going on in my Dad's side of family, I'm starting to worry T-T. So maybe 2~5 cups of coffee a day, depending on situations. On average it's 1 during the morning before I leave for work, 1 during work and 1 when it's almost time to go home.

So leaving the office at around 7pm today after reading some old issues of 8days in the office (It's a advertising company, so it's almost newspaper galore and all you can read for free there. I like it =D ). Listening to my MP3 at the smallest possible audible volume (My ears are getting numb. I cant hear well..), I waited for a bus. First came 66, almost crowded, so I decided against going onboard. Secondly, I almost mistook Bus no.8 as some other bus. Thirdly, Bus no.22 came.

So I got up, and took the bus home. Weird thing is, I noticed that NO ONE standing abroad wanted to grab the seat left empty (beside some uncle)for like eons, but anyway I went for the seats cause no one went for it. As the bus reached the housing area between Bedok Reservoir and Ubi, the bus got a little more crowded. My front view was obscured by some guys, so I just look at the scenaries at my right (While doing so I joked to myself that I MIGHT meet someone I know at the stop).

And who knew? There she was. I didnt even notice her coming up. No not the glittering princess I saw 2 months back, but someone I knew for my whole secondary days. She looked different from her normal usual in school look. Slightly dyed brown hair, donning some white jacket/sweater and not tying her hair up, I mistook her for someone else, man, that almost took away me soul. There I was, thinking bout' things, and I didn't really focused on her. Til she came walked up right to me. Apparently she's just moving to the back of the bus, and I noticed her, a little too late. She's less than a metre away from me when I finally like, "WTH? How come she's here?!"

Stunned, unable to at least greet properly, I was like :" AWK AWK..." like those usual idiots in love comedies. To think I laughed at those people. Getting stunned is my weakness I guess. I didn't really thought she'll be in the same bus, and worse, at a time I was TOTALLY unprepared. Exhausted, listening to MP3, like semi dozing/dreamuing state. I guess she didn't see me, but I was in a nervous wreck.

" WTH is she doing here? She went on a date or something? Went to work?"


I went AWK~AWKing for a while, and the uncle beside me was proberbly thinking that am I choking or what. After some quick thinking, I decided to do what I do best. ACT DUMB. So I continued starring blurrly outside, trying not to focus on her.

I focused on my MP3, and tried to compose myself. Took quite a while, but I can't still take my mind off her. I was TOTALLY unprepared for such things to happen, and usually I'll take a long time to analyze,think and conclude before taking any actions, and this shock will definitely cut my life-span by several years (I plan to live forever~ But having a common sense is very dampening). My heart was pounding like a train on fire, and I felt hot and nervous and was panting, not that badly though. I dont even suffer such horrible panic attack during my O lvl orals.

So just a few stops later, she got off near the Bedok Reservoir wet market. But that was a very scary experience. Looks like some foul divine intervention/trick, and man I was THAT shocked/scared. This is ironic, cause I'm trying all I can to just forget this whole crush on her issue. This just reverts the whole situation back to square one.

No comments: