Monday, November 27, 2006

Shanghai Trip - Day 2

I woke up around 9am+, and it's considered late cause the cafe (or Coffe Shop cause they named it that way) stops serving breakfast at 9.45am. Nagged out out bed (it sucks big time, and there's a stranger to see it all), I changed, washed and went for breakfast. A normal breakfast, and left for the exhibition around 10+am.

This time, I'm refreshed and awake, although not 100%. Me and my dad scanned halls E1 and E4 thoroughtly, and only E2 and E3 are left. Firstly, it rained/drizzled the whole day, and it was HORRIBLY cold. And yes, it felt good. Secondly, there are just too many people around. Toilet visit was long and horrible, and people staring at each other peeing. Lunch was worse. There were bout' 3 dining areas there only, and all were fully occupied. So I pulled my dad to the McDonald area where the queue was shorter. A 25 minutes queue, and the food was cold when it arrived. Still edible, and the drink was a blue solution (Imagine Aqueous Blue Copper Sulpahte solution) with a chewing gum/mint/coke flavour. Taste kinda ok, and my dad said it tasted great. Bleh. Oh yeah, litters dominated the whole area. Floor, tables, chairs. They're found everywhere, just like the zombies in horror movies.

The exhibition was what I expected, products, business contacts etc. Met alot of my dad's business friends, and one of them, Terence brought us around Shanghai. Afterall he's familiar with the surrounding there. We went to 人民大道 in search for CDs, and to my surprise, there's not a single CD shop to be found everywhere. Due to the drizzling, those CD stalls (Mobile ones I heard) are nowhere to be seen. Sad, cause the CDs are only RMB 25, bout' SGD$5. Another downside is that beggars beg hard for cash. They can follow you down the streets asking for $$$, and what's even more ironic is that they're dressed in nicer and better jackets than mine.

Returning to the hotel disappointed, I just slacked around lor. And to my horror, I needed to hand in the application form thingy regarding my choice of JCs by Friday 24/11 by 4pm. Well the horrible part is I'm stuck in China til Fri 12am, and I didn't the documents with me when I left Singapore. Before I left, I was like :" Hmm, I should bring along those documents." until my other self was like :" Screw it dude! Bring it and screw your 'vacation'? You don't even need to bring this cause you can pass it up by Sunday!" - ( My teacher told me that I had a week to hand it up )

So I was like holy shit~ holy shit~. The weather was cold, and I wore a singlet to bed. Surprisingly, it was NOT that cold, and it felt good~. Oh yeah regarding that Holy Shit part. I just went to sleep and believed that it'll go all well.

- As I was writing what to blog for Day 2 in the wee hours of morning, I heard some screaming/laughing/sobbing/moaning sound. WTF? Sounded like some punksters or sex gone horribly wrong.

No comments: